Are there squirrels living in your attic or around your home? Then you would want to get rid of them as soon as possible. That’s where we can help.
You can contact us for all your squirrel removal Markham needs. We come fully equipped to your place and provide all the help that you need to stay away from the problems caused by squirrels. Our service makes sure that you will not have to deal with the same problem in the near future again.
Why do you need to get rid of squirrels?
Squirrels tend to move fast. Since they are bigger in size when compared to bats and mice, you can quickly notice their presence. Most people tend to ignore the presence of squirrels, as they assume that the animals would go away after some time. However, squirrels generally won’t go away, and they end up creating a big mess within your attic. Due to the size of squirrels, they often end up behind the walls of your house. Likewise, they sometimes get into the living places of your house, which they are not welcomed to.
If you don’t pay attention to the presence of a squirrel, they will end up creating a lot of damage to your home. For example, squirrels can damage wooden beams, electrical systems, and displace insulation in your home. The squirrels would also create entry points for other wild animals to come to your property. They will usually squeeze through small cracks and holes around your house and will create bigger holes. This would lead you to problems with roof rats, raccoons, bats and more mice.
When you notice the presence of squirrels, you will need to go ahead with squirrel control Markham as soon as possible. The longer you wait the bigger the problems in the long run. However, you should also be careful to seek the assistance of guaranteed squirrel removal and squirrel prevention service like ours. With us, you can keep peace of mind and know that the problem is solved for good!
SIA Wildlife Control specializes in squirrel removal, skunk removal, bird removal, bat removal, groundhog removal, opossum removal, and raccoon removal in Markham.
We follow a customized approach to help our clients with squirrel removal and squirrel control in Markham, Ontario. If there are squirrels living within your property, we will capture and relocate or remove them. During baby season when there are baby squirrels, they will be removed humanely as well, with the utmost care.
Our team ensures that we stick to humane methods for squirrel removal at all times. For example, we will be placing the baby squirrels within baby warming boxes, so that mothers will be able to easily retrieve them.
Below mentioned is an overview of the steps that we follow for squirrel Markham:
- Step 1: Inspecting your property for squirrels
When you hire us for the job, we will carefully inspect your property to detect the presence of squirrels or other pests and damage. This is where we will take a look at the signs of chewing around your house or inside your house. We pay special attention to the small openings that lead to crawl or attic spaces of your home. Debris is examined, such as nuts, squirrel droppings, and even squirrel nesting material to detect their presence. This will help us to get a better understanding of the specific process that we should follow in order to help you with squirrel removal.
- Step 2: Squirrel trapping and removing
There are multiple methods of squirrel removal. Depending on your situation, we select the most humane and effective method to get the job done. Some of the most common methods that we follow include direct capture of squirrels, using squirrel deterrents, installing one-way doors, and live traps.
Our squirrel removal team would not directly capture any of the adult squirrels physically as they tend to run too fast. They are also capable of fitting well into the small spaces of your house pretty quickly. If we notice the presence of baby squirrels, we will take appropriate measures to relocate them with mom. In case the mom is deceased or permanently not present, we will hand over the baby squirrels to a local wildlife rehabilitation center, as they are too young to survive on their own.
- Step 3: Squirrel prevention
After the successful removal of squirrels from your property, we work on squirrel prevention. This will help you to stay away from problems caused by squirrels in the near future. For example, we will go ahead and protect all the future entry points of squirrels to your house. That’s because squirrels can always try a new location to find a way into your house. The best part? the protection works on all other wildlife including raccoons.
There are some precautions that you can take for successful squirrel prevention as well. For example, you will be able to remove the tree branches or trees that are too closer to your roof. On the other hand, you can refrain from using bird feeders, as they can attract squirrels to your house. Likewise, we take a walk around your home and provide you with the best recommendations for squirrel control and squirrel prevention. You just need to follow our directions and you will never have to deal with the problem of squirrels in the near future.
Is squirrel removal a waste of money?
Some people think that getting the service of a professional squirrel removal service would be a waste of money. If you don’t look for a way to get rid of squirrels living in your house, you will run into many other problems in the long run. Here are some of the problems that squirrels can create in your house.
- Squirrels would usually chew electrical wires that you have in your house. Apart from electrical wires, they would even go ahead and chew on wooden frames that would support the structure at your house.
- Chewing electrical wires can lead you to an increased risk of fire damage. This is something that you should be mindful of. It would ensure the safety of you, your loved ones, as well as your belongings.
- Squirrels are notorious for taking in a lot of rubbish to your home. They bring in rubbish from the environment to create nests. Usually, this would increase the risk of getting fleas, ticks, and gnats in your house. They might lead you to serious health concerns such as tick fever.
- Squirrels urinate inside your attic which often leads you to experience a terrible odor in the house. On the other hand, this would cause a lot of damage to the drywall ceilings that you have at your house as well. You will have to end up cleaning or replacing them.
- Squirrels can also cause a lot of damage by displacing the insulation that you have at home. As a result, you will end up reducing the R-value of your home. You will come across the need to spend your money and perform an insulation top-up. Otherwise, you will end up spending a considerable amount of money out of your pocket on energy bills.
- According to research, it has been identified that squirrel feces can spread diseases such as Salmonella. On the other hand, they could even make you or your loved ones infected with rabies.
Living with squirrels is certainly a bad idea. You don’t have to think twice before you spend your money to get the help of a professional squirrel removal service.
DIY squirrel prevention is difficult, squirrels are smart and crafty as they know how to get into your attic in various ways. Hence, you need to go ahead with a proven and effective squirrel control method. We are more than confident to help you achieve a squirrel free environment with that.
PEST & WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES
Carpenter Bee Removal
We service Toronto, North York, Vaughan, Brampton, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Thornhill, Stouffville, Maple, Concord, Richmond Hill, Markham, Georgina, Newmarket, Aurora, Scarborough, Unionville, Milton, Ajax and more.